Saturday, February 13, 2016

Paint, Paint, PAINT!!!!

This week has been fairly uneventful. My entire crew is sick! David has pneumonia and Shipp has gastroenteritis. So, I have had all week to catch up on painting..... I have been painting like crazy! I finished the kitchen cabinets and I really like the color.  I used Valspar cabinet enamel semi gloss in canvas tan.  They are going to look amazing with the doors trimmed out and glazed! I hate painting cabinets. It is so tedious! So the kitchen is ready for counter tops, back splash,  cabinet trim and feather finish on the floor. 






My wheels are turning with ideas for this kitchen! I primed the inside of the long run of cabinets (bottom right) thinking I would paint the insides. Then I decided that was going to be entirely too much work and maybe the insides didn't look so bad after all. They will eventually have to be painted, but I can live with it for a while. I may decide to paint them some variation of teal green or gray.... Possibly glass in the doors or maybe take the doors off on top cabinets and display some awesome glassware. I think I counted 50 cabinet knobs. Yeah, 50. That's probably going to happen in stages! 





No comments:

Post a Comment