Tuesday, April 26, 2016

More wood grain stained concrete!

Weathered grey wide plank wood floor? Look again - it is STAINED CONCRETE! after the feather finish I used the same base color stain. Valspar semi transparent concrete stain, driftwood is the color. Then I measured out my planks and used a straight edge and oil based paint pen to draw the lines. They are 10 inches wide and 10 feet long. I offset every other one by 10 inches. Then I used the same paint pen to draw circles at the ends of the planks for nail heads. I used a much darker color grey of the same stain and mixed it with clear mixing glaze and added in a little bit of minwax wood stain in ebony to darken it up and a little bit of concrete stain in vaquero to make it a bit warmer. I brushed it on one plank at a time and I used a graining tool to pull the mix and give it a grain effect.

Lesson learned the hard way: write down your mix proportions when you get it how you want it the first time because as much as you believe that you will remember - you may not remember..... then it's trial and error to get it the right consistency and shade again.

No comments:

Post a Comment