Friday, April 8, 2016

A bathroom for the Princesses

     I have been so busy I haven't had a chance to post the final results of the girl's bathroom. We actually just got back from vacation at the lake - much needed after the house warming party and 2 1/5 months of non stop remodeling. Here it is! The vanity is the dresser I started on when I first bought the house and I just couldn't wait to get to work on it.  It belonged to my parents and my dad's mother before that. The sit down vanity in the 'vanity knook' is from my bedroom at mine and Jonas's old house. 
     I used Valspar oil based porch and floor paint on the floor and a stencil with oil based high gloss bright white, then DuraSheen gloss floor sealer.  I absolutely love the stencils from Royal Design Studio. Their stencils are so durable and beautiful.  The oil based floor paint soaked into the concrete beautifully. This is the first time I had used it on concrete and I couldn't be happier with the results.
     I trimmed out the tub enclosure with some narrow window trim and attached it using pre-drilled holes and tub and tile caulk.  **My first solo trim job! Took me a little longer than I anticipated, but I got it! The outside wall of the enclosure where the trim is attached is practically impossible to nail through and since the tub has a curved shape I had to use more than just adhesive caulk.
       The shelves are original - I thought the polyurethane wood gave the room a more rustic look.




No comments:

Post a Comment