Thursday, January 21, 2016

The Princess's Bedchamber

This is the before picture of the girls' room. I've never seen grooves so deep in paneling before like what's in this house! I floated the room a couple of times with joint compound and sprayed kilz on ceiling and walls. Then I rolled texture on and painted the room grey. I felt like the needed some color in there so I had David pick up some turquoise paint - he did pretty good!

This is before we did the floor.

The. First picture above is the floor after Shipp (our carpenter extraordinaire!) Floated the feather finish layer of concrete.  It is almost the same color as the stain I picked out! We decided to go ahead and stain it the same color anyway to give it a more finished appearance.  The second and third are after the sealer was applied. Can't wait to get the trim and moulding on and start decorating in here!

No comments:

Post a Comment